Homefield Preparatory School
Homefield Preparatory School is an independent day school for boys aged 4 to 13 in Sutton, Surrey. Homefield aims to offer breadth and depth to ensure a wider fulfilment of boys' individual potential, in 'head, hand and heart'.
Why choose Homefield Prep?
· Homefield aims to inspire independent thinkers who work well with others and are eager for challenge.
· The school aspires to be truly cosmopolitan with a rich diversity reflecting and supporting its place as a charity within the wider community of London.
· Homefield Preparatory School aims for a generous education of knowledge and skill but also ethical character so that the boys not only 'do well' but 'do good'.
· The school was founded in 1870 and has always encouraged pupils to hold a strong sense of civic responsibility.
· Homefield is a selective school and the process aims to identify boys who are able to benefit from the education on offer and make a positive contribution towards the life of the school.
Head John Towers says: 'Homefield has been renowned for its academic success and family atmosphere for over 150 years. A safe and happy environment, with a real depth of specialist teaching ensures the fulfilment of individual potential. A generous education should be aimed at knowledge and skill, but also at building good character.'
'Every year we receive a significant number of offers to both grammars and top independents. We serve some of the very best senior schools in the country, either at 11+ or 13+. These expectations are not around undue pressure to pass exams. We encourage an enlightened individual who "can do all things if he will". Creative, inquisitive, and inventive.'
'We believe that positive values influence character and attitude. In the 21st century it's more important than ever to feel rooted within a strong moral community.'