Rossall School is one of the country’s leading independent co-educational boarding and day schools, in a picturesque and historic setting on the Lancashire coastline. Amidst striking architecture, on a generous 160-acre campus, boys and girls aged 0–18 are nurtured in a safe, secure and supportive environment.
About the school
Our pupils are truly outstanding individuals – the extraordinary success of this community is reflected in our confident, accomplished, courageous, aspirant, compassionate and fun-loving young people.
Pupils can choose to study the world-renowned International Baccalaureate Diploma (IBDP), A Levels or BTEC at Sixth Form. In the Junior School, a broad curriculum is delivered that supports the development of independent learning, skills, curiosity and creativity, alongside subject-specific rigour.
The 160-acre campus has extensive sports and recreation facilities which include a 25 metre indoor heated swimming pool, a new Performing Arts Centre, Golf Academy, squash courts, tennis courts, Fives courts, a modern all-weather sport pitch, a multi-use games area, a new £4 million indoor sports centre, extensive sports pitches and a fitness room. Rossall is also proud to be one of the only schools in the country with an on-site Astronomy Centre.
- Boys' Boarding: 163 (0 to 19)
- Girls' Boarding: 106 (0 to 19)
- Total Pupils: 702 (200 in Sixth Form)
- Day Fees: £2815 to £4580/term
- Boarding Fees: £4580 to £13070/term
Scholarships, Bursaries & Fees
Rossall awards a wide variety of scholarship awards each year to current and new pupils to the School. Means-tested bursaries can be offered to further supplement these awards.
Scholarships are awards based on merit/excellence. They are awarded for pupils entering Years 7, 9 and 12, with outstanding talent in the fields of academics, sport, music art and performing arts/drama. Scholarships are reviewed annually in light of a pupil’s achievement, effort, attitude and behaviour.
A bursary (an award based on financial need) is a reduction in fees based on an assessment of the merit of a pupil and consideration of parental financial circumstances, assessed following the completion of Rossall’s financial circumstances form.
Rossall School families are automatically given a fee discount on more than one child being educated within the school. This sibling discount is given on the second, third and fourth child etc. For example, where there are three children in one family at Rossall, the first child would receive no fee discount, the second 10%, and the third 15%. When the first child leaves Rossall, the second child would have the 10% sibling discount removed, and the third child would receive a 10% discount rather than 15% since only two children remain at Rossall. The sibling discount does not apply to siblings in the Nursery.
OR (OLD ROSSALLIAN) DISCOUNTS
All pupils of Old Rossallians (ORs) / former pupils of the school will receive an automatic discount of 10% off the fees from the Reception class onwards.
- Enquire about Rossall for your child – The first step is to enquire about the School via our website, phone (+44 1253 774 260) or request a prospectus
- Book a visit – you have read all the literature and have had all your questions answered by the Admissions Team. Why not book a visit on a day to suit you, or come along to one of our Open Days
- Complete the registration form (UK) or (International) and pay a registration fee of either £75 (UK pupil) or £195 (International pupil)
- Enjoy a taster day – so you have had a visit, you have met key staff, but want to know more? A taster day gives your child the opportunity to see what they think of Rossall. If you would like to book a taster day (this does not incur a cost), please email our Admissions Team at: email@example.com. You can download a guide to our taster days here.
- Offer of a place – the next step is for us to offer you a place at the School. This letter will come from our Admissions Team.
- Acceptance of a place – this includes a deposit of either £500 (UK pupil) or £2,500 (Overseas pupil)
- Forms and welcome packs – A number of forms will be sent to you for completion, followed by a Rossall Welcome Pack
- School Uniform – You will find information regarding the Rossall School uniform in the welcome pack. Please note, this must be purchased before joining Rossall.