Queen's College Preparatory School is a wonderfully happy school where girls enjoy life and enjoy learning. One of Central London's leading independent day schools we combine very high academic standards with fun, excitement, stimulation and plenty of encouragement. Our talented staff work closely with each and every girl, finding individual strengths, developing individual skills and interests, and truly caring about her wellbeing as well as her success.
At the end of their time with us, Queen’s girls move on to leading Senior Schools and take with them confidence, capability, energy and enthusiasm. We take great pride in matching each girl to the school that will be best for her as an individual, and we have an enviable record of admissions and scholarship success.
• A very generous Teacher to Pupil ratio with small class sizes averaging 15-18 girls per class, never exceeding 20
• Full support through 11+ exams and outstanding academic results; record breaking admissions and scholarship success in Jan 2018
• Specialist teaching in French, Art, Music and PE in the Pre-Prep; Specialist Maths, English, Computing and Science teaching in the Prep School
• A rich and varied co-curricular programme of clubs and activities, including Mandarin, Martial Arts, coding and STEM
• New bespoke STEM Laboratory and Dance Studio
• Family friendly provision including Breakfast Club
• Access to a large, green private garden for play and outdoor learning
- Total Pupils: 240
- Day Fees: £5295 to £5720/term
Scholarships, Bursaries & Fees
The inability to pay tuition fees should not be a deterrent to those who share our ethos from joining Queen's College Preparatory School. Where space allows we are able to offer a limited number of means tested bursaries to admit any girl who will benefit from the unique education we provide. Bursaries (where available) can be offered on entry to the school from Reception. A bursary can provide up to 100% remission of fees, depending on a family's financial circumstances.
Bursaries can also be awarded if parents' circumstances change dramatically during the course of a girl's time at the Prep School.
Individual music lessons, including singing (each lesson 30 minutes): £225 per term payable in advance. The costs of occasional educational visits are invoiced in arrears. Fees for residential trips are payable in advance.
Admission into all years (with the exception of the Reception classes) at Queen’s College Preparatory School, is by assessment. These assessments will be carried out in a sensitive manner and using material suited to the relevant age. The aim is to assess both academic ability and potential, and to ensure that the child has the social skills necessary to benefit from an education at QCPS. Individuals are assessed on merit, without consideration to factors such as ethnic or religious background and physical ability. Admission at all points of entry is solely at the professional discretion of the Headmistress.